Reservoir Foxes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

+14
Turquoise Fox
Peach Fox
Wisteria Fox
Copper Fox
CornflowerFox
Periwinkle Fox
Fuschia Fox
Bob111
Magenta Fox
Shamrock Fox
Mahogany Fox
Sunglow Fox
Aquamarine Fox
Admin
18 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19) - Page 4 Empty Re: The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Post by Magenta Fox Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:12 am

@Fuchsia If he's a karma houdini, why'd he die? It is possible that Sunglow is false claiming or, given how unconventional the role is, maybe that really is his role and he's a pig anyway.  pig 
Too many possibilities...
Magenta Fox
Magenta Fox

Back to top Go down

The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19) - Page 4 Empty Re: The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Post by Periwinkle Fox Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:49 am

To be honest, the explanation makes sense and was pretty quickly thought up.

The flavor though, Crook Cleaner, I'm only assuming he's not third party because its ambiguous.

Based on Pulp Fiction, Cleaner would be a crook aligned power, but being a crook cleaner could mean cleaning the crooks up too.

I will lean that Sun is likely crook aligned for now.
Periwinkle Fox
Periwinkle Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Periwinkle Fox Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:50 am

Bob111 wrote:Wow, thats a different role. I wouldn't put it past Fox to put I  something like that though. Good call on Shamrock I guess then, naie
Led us a third party!

Cornflower, Magenta, are you still keeping your votes where they are?
I'm gonna have to read back and see what can be gained from Wisteria's death.

I don't like the wording of this, almost like a "too good to be true".

Vote Bob
Periwinkle Fox
Periwinkle Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Periwinkle Fox Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:55 am

Admin wrote:
Minority Team – Undercover Cops: Win when they match or outnumber the rest of the players (the game will continue if players can still perform actions to correct this.) Cops may have the chance to bust players if they can figure out their true identities.

Holy shit. Seeing this, I bet you that cops have a power that lets them guess at the true ID of a player using g1 names and if they get it, the player is killed(busted) or something. Mind your syntax everyone.
Periwinkle Fox
Periwinkle Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Copper Fox Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:00 am

Periwinkle Fox wrote:
Admin wrote:
Minority Team – Undercover Cops: Win when they match or outnumber the rest of the players (the game will continue if players can still perform actions to correct this.) Cops may have the chance to bust players if they can figure out their true identities.

Holy shit. Seeing this, I bet you that cops have a power that lets them guess at the true ID of a player using g1 names and if they get it, the player is killed(busted) or something. Mind your syntax everyone.

This post is pointing out the dead obvious.

The one before that uses iffy arguments to vote for Bob

The one before that is pure speculation.

A lot of words with little oomph behind them.

Looking back ( https://reservoirfoxes.forumotion.com/spa/Periwinkle%20Fox ) it's obvious that you post a lot but don't say a lot.

Vote: Periwinkle Fox
Copper Fox
Copper Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by CornflowerFox Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:46 am

Unvote

I need to come back at this with a fresh mind, but I've no reason to doubt Sunglow atm.

I dislike people trying to scrutinize it too terribly hard. It's obvious from the get go this wasn't going to be your standard homogenized game.

I'll be back in a little while
CornflowerFox
CornflowerFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepiatone Fox Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:29 pm

Sorry for being late to party, had some registration problems

Why is periwinkle still alive?

Vote: Periwinkle
Sepiatone Fox
Sepiatone Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuschia Fox Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:46 pm

cornflower's logic:
*someone claims*
*someone is automatically absolved of any kind of suspicion directed towards them*

brilliant.
well, in that case, I claim town bulletproof, miller, vigilante. when extra people start dropping during the night, don't worry, it's just little old town me!
Spoiler:

fact is that sunglow gave supposed 'reasoning' as to why he was voting for shamrock. if he was so confident he was going to off shamrock with his last-minute vote, why didn't he just say 'eat shit shamrock you get to die now'? it also doesn't change that he was PR hunting on D1 and hasn't said 'oh I was doing that to bait a lynch to use my ability!'
his actions so far don't seem to me like they match how I would expect someone with his role would act.
Vote: Sunglow
Fuschia Fox
Fuschia Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunglow Fox Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:02 pm

Fuschia Fox wrote:yo sunglow, if that's your power, why didn't you use it on what seemed like your biggest suspect at the time, Bob, who you said you wanted to see the alignment of?
It had been a while since I had seen Reservoir Dogs, and I had forgotten about Joe and Nice Guy Eddie. I ended up rewatching the movie, and the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it would be a dick move for Fox for mention that there's a third party, give a player an obviously different name, AND make them part of the third party. Putting Bob on the crook side as a nod to the members of the Cabot family makes more sense from a lore and gameplay standpoint.

And I wouldn't worry too much about Peach's post. I wasn't going to reveal if it was a one-shot or not anyway. This may only be my third game of mafia, and my first on SA, but I'm not stupid. Yes, it's a powerful ability, since as long as I can get to a computer by 4 PM CST, I basically can't die by lynching, and have to be night killed. And it would be retardedly overpowered to give to the crooks or third party.

Fuschia Fox wrote:fact is that sunglow gave supposed 'reasoning' as to why he was voting for shamrock. if he was so confident he was going to off shamrock with his last-minute vote, why didn't he just say 'eat shit shamrock you get to die now'? it also doesn't change that he was PR hunting on D1 and hasn't said 'oh I was doing that to bait a lynch to use my ability!'
his actions so far don't seem to me like they match how I would expect someone with his role would act.
It was a pure spite vote. I didn't have any real reasoning other than "This asshole got the ball rolling. Fuck him." And hey, I ended up bagging a third party. Better to be lucky than good.
Sunglow Fox
Sunglow Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepiatone Fox Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:14 pm

Sunglow Fox wrote:
And I wouldn't worry too much about Peach's post. I wasn't going to reveal if it was a one-shot or not anyway. This may only be my third game of mafia, and my first on SA, but I'm not stupid. Yes, it's a powerful ability, since as long as I can get to a computer by 4 PM CST, I basically can't die by lynching, and have to be night killed. And it would be retardedly overpowered to give to the crooks or third party.

Are you claiming to be scum then?
Sepiatone Fox
Sepiatone Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Periwinkle Fox Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:46 pm

To be completely honest, part of the reason I'm playing the way I am is because everyone is named a variant of fox. It is usually easier when I can see differences in name and whatnot, but because of the way this game is set up I'm trying to learn who says what without a comfy signature and familiar icon to tell me who is posting what.

Also, at least I'm actually here and trying to play. If my posts are too fluffy for you, I'm sorry. I don't really have an interest in making wild statements without proof, and even my vote on Bob is based on how I feel about his reaction rather than anything else.

I'm not used to being up for death this early. Amazing how a name carries you through your later games. Good job on eliminating meta, fox.
Periwinkle Fox
Periwinkle Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepiatone Fox Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:58 pm

Periwinkle Fox wrote:blah blah blah, the game is hard. Blah blah
Now that is day 2, got anything useful to share?
Sepiatone Fox
Sepiatone Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Turquoise Fox Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:50 pm

Periwinkle Fox wrote:To be completely honest, part of the reason I'm playing the way I am is because everyone is named a variant of fox. It is usually easier when I can see differences in name and whatnot, but because of the way this game is set up I'm trying to learn who says what without a comfy signature and familiar icon to tell me who is posting what.

Also, at least I'm actually here and trying to play. If my posts are too fluffy for you, I'm sorry. I don't really have an interest in making wild statements without proof, and even my vote on Bob is based on how I feel about his reaction rather than anything else.

I'm not used to being up for death this early. Amazing how a name carries you through your later games. Good job on eliminating meta, fox.

I'd argue the names assigned to us by the moderator in this game are much more significant than whatever random forum name somebody may use. Either way, I think there have been plenty of instances to show what kind of personality everyone has. There's a fine line between being cautious and doing nothing.

Vote: Periwinkle Fox
Turquoise Fox
Turquoise Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Periwinkle Fox Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:54 pm

Wow, you're actually being a dick Sepia.

As for you Turq, I mean to say that on the normal forum I see each different username and their siggy and it makes it easier to tell them apart. Here it's pretty much a bunch of foxes that have different fox faces. Until I actually remember which color says what, I'm making sure that I fully understand.

This also explains why I'm looking more closely at Bob who has a different name altogether. It makes him stick out.

Turq, Imma remember that you're Cloud.
Sepia, Imma remember that you're an asshole.

I don't even want to play anymore man.
Periwinkle Fox
Periwinkle Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Periwinkle Fox Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:56 pm

Reading Wisteria's goodbye post made me rethink that discouragement. I'm still here, that means I can still do something.

I'll try not to let you down, Wis.
Periwinkle Fox
Periwinkle Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Periwinkle Fox Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:01 pm

Peach Fox wrote:Not entirely sure if I buy Sunglow's claim if it's not 1-shot.  That seems like a much too powerful role to be given to one player, essentially ensuring that player can't die and can kill anybody they want so long as they put the last vote in.  They can wait literally to the last minute of the cycle if they're gonna be lynched and then pick off whoever they feel like killing.  So then we could just all wagon Sunglow, tell him who to kill, and it'll happen.  Extremely helpful, to be sure, but perhaps too helpful to make a properly balanced game.  And that's assuming Sunglow is town.  Though given that he's essentially immortal, if he was a cop or third party it would literally break the game... but either way, how about it, Sunglow?  1-shot or not?

I don't like this. Especially because it's fishing out important information that might be too useful to the non-crook factions. Given that Crook Cleaner flavor text is likely pro-Crook, I'm thinking that this sort of questioning is there so that they can be sure to vote in a way to prevent another lynch being redirected. This sort of information is too important and I'm glad Sun is keeping it limited access.
Periwinkle Fox
Periwinkle Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepiatone Fox Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:02 pm

Periwinkle, if you are as recognized as you claim to be, I'd expect better from you instead just a roll of excuses. Also, what findings do you have on Bob? Since you are looking closely at him. Also entire phase has passed. There should be enough stuff to look at. Clinging onto names doesn't sound like a good plan at this point.

Does Bob's name mean something? Probably. What? Too many variables to figure it out at the moment.
Sepiatone Fox
Sepiatone Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Periwinkle Fox Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:04 pm

Sepiatone Fox wrote:Periwinkle, if you are as recognized as you claim to be, I'd expect better from you instead just a roll of excuses. Also, what findings do you have on Bob? Since you are looking closely at him. Also entire phase has passed. There should be enough stuff to look at. Clinging onto names doesn't sound like a good plan at this point.

Does Bob's name mean something? Probably. What? Too many variables to figure it out at the moment.

I'm about to switch off of Bob, putting together a few points about a different player.
Periwinkle Fox
Periwinkle Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepiatone Fox Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:12 pm

Also PSA to everybody. Stop giving hints at who you might be (that is your experience, your "notoriety/fame" as a mafia player etc.) As I'm pretty confident that I've figured out who Sunglow is. And have a few "suspects" could fill the shoes of Periwinkle
Sepiatone Fox
Sepiatone Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Periwinkle Fox Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:38 pm

Shamrock, Bob, Cornflower. One of these three is likely scum. They were on the big bandwagon with me and Wis, and given that Wis is dead, and I'm the other, this leaves 3 people who are of unknown alignment.
I'll stop for now until I've got something useful, and keep on Bob for the time being.

The fact that Bob has a unique username doesn't actually absolve him of anything. If his name were Gray Fox instead, it wouldn't really matter and any suspicion on him would be only for his playiny. Now it's one of those, "No that's too obvious, can't be him". Just my thoughts on the Bob situation.

At the same time, Corn has jumped off the wagon due to the outcome of the lynching. While this is strange, I'll let it slide for now.

Right now:
Bob>Sham>Corn
But what do I know
Periwinkle Fox
Periwinkle Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuschia Fox Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:55 pm

I still have some conspiracy thoughts on Sun, but he doesn't seem like a cop, and turquoise continues to bother me a lot with an opportunistic vote on periwinkle.
Vote: Turquoise Fox
seriously, look at this guy, I'm pretty sure he's scum
Fuschia Fox
Fuschia Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sepiatone Fox Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:03 pm

Periwinkle seems to be picking his game up. I'm satisfied. Unvote. How do I do ISO on this forum?
Sepiatone Fox
Sepiatone Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Magenta Fox Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:04 pm

@Periwinkle: Check back a few pages. Shamrock got lynched D1 due to Sunglow's power (or so he claims) and flipped third party.
Vote: Periwinkle I don't remember Sunglow giving flavor text and your fixation on Bob is looking suspicious to me. Not to mention the wine...
Magenta Fox
Magenta Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob111 Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:17 pm

So, Periwinkle, who did you give a bigger scum read to, me or Cornflower? I found your list at the end just slightly confusing. Also, you said you were "getting off of Bob" and yet have not unvoted from me, and have me in your main scum possibilities.

What is your stance on me?
I understand you are trying to make a case without name clues, which I appreciate, but all you said was that my name doesn't really hint at anything. What about my playstyle has been scummy to you?

Do you have any other scum leads?
Bob111
Bob111

Back to top Go down

Post by Turquoise Fox Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:02 pm

Fuschia Fox wrote:I still have some conspiracy thoughts on Sun, but he doesn't seem like a cop, and turquoise continues to bother me a lot with an opportunistic vote on periwinkle.
Vote: Turquoise Fox
seriously, look at this guy, I'm pretty sure he's scum
Vote: Fuschia Fox
seriously, look at this guy, I'm pretty sure he's scum.

Spoiler:
Turquoise Fox
Turquoise Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum