Reservoir Foxes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

+14
Turquoise Fox
Peach Fox
Wisteria Fox
Copper Fox
CornflowerFox
Periwinkle Fox
Fuschia Fox
Bob111
Magenta Fox
Shamrock Fox
Mahogany Fox
Sunglow Fox
Aquamarine Fox
Admin
18 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Post by Wisteria Fox Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:43 pm

Periwinkle Fox wrote:Vote Sunglow

This is based on attacking Bob. While I personally entertained the notion on my own, I didn't do anything about it because it was more a joke. This apparently was a good enough reason and wanting to kill a power role day one is pretty whack.
The Sunglow situation hasn't really changed since you said
Periwinkle Fox wrote:Voting for me to elicit a reaction is not really going to get you anywhere day 1. I'd rather be permitted to just watch and react accordingly when I see something worth jumping on.
What made you change your mind?

Sunglow Fox wrote:
Wisteria Fox wrote:First off, there's Sunglow, and the reason for that isn't that he voted for Bob because of his name. I thought about doing that myself as a random vote when I first saw the player list. The reason is that when he explained his vote, he talked about it as if the name signified something, which is kind of silly. To me that kind of seems like it might be a scum panicking and grasping for excuses to justify his vote.
So are you dense, or just retarded? Of course Bob's name signifies something. We know that there are three parties. And we don't know if Bob is with us, the cops, or if he has his own win-con. I don't like it.
To my knowledge, Fox has never been a bastard mod, and making a special role stand out like that by giving him something that obviously differentiates him from other players is kind of bastard move IMO. Besides, Copper already pointed out that the different name can be explained by the Reservoir Dogs setting.

Bob can still have a special role of course, but it's likely going to be because of random chance if he has one.
Wisteria Fox
Wisteria Fox

Back to top Go down

The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Post by Sunglow Fox Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:59 pm

As much as I'd like to find out who's side Bob is on, I'm willing to concede that he's likely on ours. But I'm still pissed at the guy who started this bandwagon.

Vote: Shamrock Fox

The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19) - Page 3 VZhQ3Og
Sunglow Fox
Sunglow Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavender Fox Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:26 pm

I was considering switching my vote, but after Periwinkle's most recent post, I'm leaving it where it is because of this:

Periwinkle Fox wrote:Vote Sunglow

This is based on attacking Bob. While I personally entertained the notion on my own, I didn't do anything about it because it was more a joke. This apparently was a good enough reason and wanting to kill a power role day one is pretty whack.

There's no indication that Bob has a power role. Yes, his name is different, but as previously stated, there was someone who didn't use an alias in Reservoir Dogs as well. So that leaves us with two options. Either you're making assumptions based entirely on their name (instead of what they've said) or you know something we don't. And since it's still D1 and town PRs haven't had a chance to act yet, that means that the only way you could know such know such information is if you were scum of some kind.
Lavender Fox
Lavender Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Periwinkle Fox Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:29 pm

Wisteria Fox wrote:
What made you change your mind?

I was a contender for most votes. I put survival over preference.
Periwinkle Fox
Periwinkle Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Periwinkle Fox Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:31 pm

Lavender Fox wrote:

There's no indication that Bob has a power role. Yes, his name is different, but as previously stated, there was someone who didn't use an alias in Reservoir Dogs as well. So that leaves us with two options. Either you're making assumptions based entirely on their name (instead of what they've said) or you know something we don't. And since it's still D1 and town PRs haven't had a chance to act yet, that means that the only way you could know such know such information is if you were scum of some kind.

I wasn't the one to point out he might be a PR, but I /am/ taking that possibility into consideration.
I'd have not voted at all but because of the number of votes on me, it would have been suicidal to not take action, especially when the deadline was near.
Periwinkle Fox
Periwinkle Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuschia Fox Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:34 pm

Sunglow Fox wrote:I just voted for Bob because he's different. We're all foxes, but Bob isn't. Why? What significance does that hold? (Aside from the obvious Third Party connection. But then why make it so obvious who it is by giving him a different codename?) What powers could he have?

I felt that bandwagoning him early could force a reveal, and since it's day one, we got nothing else to really go on.
I believe this is why Periwinkle believes Sunglow is PR hunting, just for your information Lavender

not entirely sure how I feel about Periwinkle saying that he wasn't going to be affected by pressure voting and now hes saying he changed his vote because of the pressure

it'd be neat if people looked at Turquoise cat 
Fuschia Fox
Fuschia Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:37 pm

deadline has passed story post and reveal soon

Final Vote Count Day 1

Sunglow (5) - Shamrock, Bob, Cornflower, Wisteria, Periwinkle
Periwinkle (3) - Magenta, Lavender, Copper
Turquoise (2) - Peach, Fushsia
Shamrock (2) - Turquoise, Sunglow
bob (1) - Aquamarine
dandelion (1) Mahogany

Last edited by Admin on Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://reservoirfoxes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Periwinkle Fox Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:52 pm

Fuschia Fox wrote:
Sunglow Fox wrote:I just voted for Bob because he's different. We're all foxes, but Bob isn't. Why? What significance does that hold? (Aside from the obvious Third Party connection. But then why make it so obvious who it is by giving him a different codename?) What powers could he have?

I felt that bandwagoning him early could force a reveal, and since it's day one, we got nothing else to really go on.
I believe this is why Periwinkle believes Sunglow is PR hunting, just for your information Lavender

not entirely sure how I feel about Periwinkle saying that he wasn't going to be affected by pressure voting and now hes saying he changed his vote because of the pressure

it'd be neat if people looked at Turquoise cat 

This.

If I recall, we can talk because it's twilight hours right? If so, I'd like to verify what Fuchsia pointed out.
Periwinkle Fox
Periwinkle Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Magenta Fox Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:24 pm

Wisteria Fox wrote:The last one is Magenta. His first post is an understandable random vote, but his second post, in which he votes for Periwinkle, just comes off as lazy bandwagoning. Those are the only two posts he's made, so he hasn't really contributed anything worthwhile to the thread - not even sharing his thoughts on anything that has been discussed.
It was mostly a prod vote. I was going to change it before deadline, but I forgot that this game's deadline is earlier than usual. Most of the other stuff I just see as people overreacting over D1 shenanigans. Sunglow's recent posts do come off to me as panicking scum, but that will have to wait til tomorrow.
Magenta Fox
Magenta Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:56 pm

Ch. 1

The men adjusted their colored fox masks and loaded their weapons.  Why did they need 16 guys to knock over a little dime store?  Don't question the boss.  They exited their vehicles and walked slowly into the building.

"EVERYONE ON THE GROUND AND NOBODY GETS HURT"

"NOBODY TRY PLAYING HERO"

"GIVE US THE GOODS AND WE GO"

"NO ALARMS"

Turquoise, Shamrock, and Sunglow were focused on crowd control in the lobby.

"THIS IS MERIGRAVE PD, DROP YOUR WEAPONS"

Shamrock gets a wicked smile and starts firing at the officers.  The officers return fire shredding Shamrock's body with bullets.  Turquoise and Sunglow take cover behind him using his body as a shield.

Shamrock the Karma Houdini's luck ran out

Playerlist:
1.  Aquamarine Fox
2.  Copper Fox
3.  Cornflower Fox
4.  Dandelion Fox
5.  Fushsia Fox
6.  Lavender Fox
7.  Magenta Fox
8.  Mahogany Fox
9.  Peach Fox
10. Periwinkle Fox
11. Sepia Fox
12. Shamrock Fox
13. Sunglow Fox
14. Turquoise Fox
15. Wisteria Fox
16. Bob

The thread is now locked.  Those with night actions have until 4pm cst sat to submit your actions.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:24 pm

Ch. 2

The criminals in the fox masks made their way into the vault of the building holding the manager at gunpoint.  Inside the safe box was their target a black briefcase.  They heard gunshots ring out from the front of the store.

"What the fuck was that?  I didn't hear any alarms?"

They snatched the briefcase and entered the lobby to find a whole squad of cops pinning them down.  The crooks pulled out their guns and blasted through.

Wistera sat outside in the getaway car listening to the radio when he saw the flashing lights.  He shifted the car into gear and rammed the police barricade, punching a hole right through it.  The tiny rice burner crumpled, crushing his body into a manged mess.  The crooks made a break for it, spilling out into the streets they darted in different directions.

Wistera the common crook didn't getaway

Playerlist:
1.  Aquamarine Fox
2.  Copper Fox
3.  Cornflower Fox
4.  Dandelion Fox
5.  Fushsia Fox
6.  Lavender Fox
7.  Magenta Fox
8.  Mahogany Fox
9.  Peach Fox
10. Periwinkle Fox
11. Sepiatone Fox
12. Shamrock Fox
13. Sunglow Fox
14. Turquoise Fox
15. Wisteria Fox
16. Bob

After a few hiccups Sepiatone Fox and Dandelion Fox 2 are back into the fold

Lynch votes due Monday April 7th at 4pm CST.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CornflowerFox Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:42 pm

Vote Sunglow because wth last day phase
CornflowerFox
CornflowerFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuschia Fox Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:45 pm

uhh mr. admin do we not get alignment when people die? cuz I have no idea what shamrock was/whether we lost a townie or third party or mafia or whatnot based on the way the flip was given scratch 

Vote: Turquoise Fox
still feeling off on 'dis guy.
cornflower, why you votin' sunglow? could I get some more specific reasons?
Fuschia Fox
Fuschia Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuschia Fox Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:50 pm

oh wait wow I just realized that sunglow should have been lynched and wasn't.
what the fuck happened D1 Shocked 
that totally went over my head
Fuschia Fox
Fuschia Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Magenta Fox Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:01 pm

Vote: Sunglow because of reasons I stated before last day phase ended.
Magenta Fox
Magenta Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Wisteria Fox Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:24 pm

Spoiler:

Edit: Added italics, because RIP me.
Wisteria Fox
Wisteria Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunglow Fox Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:46 pm

If the opening post is any indication, the alignments are color-coded. Crooks are red, Undercover Cops are blue, and Third Party are purple.

And as for the end of the last day, that was my power in action. I'm a Crook Cleaner. If I'm the current majority lynch vote, and I make the last vote of the day before the deadline, the person I vote for is lynched instead. So if you guys wanna waste time coming after me, then be my guest.
Sunglow Fox
Sunglow Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob111 Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:52 pm

Wow, thats a different role. I wouldn't put it past Fox to put I something like that though. Good call on Shamrock I guess then, naie
Led us a third party!

Cornflower, Magenta, are you still keeping your votes where they are?
I'm gonna have to read back and see what can be gained from Wisteria's death.
Bob111
Bob111

Back to top Go down

Post by Magenta Fox Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:00 pm

Huh. Didn't see that coming. Unvote
Magenta Fox
Magenta Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob111 Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:26 pm

Magenta Fox wrote:Huh. Didn't see that coming. Unvote
Why would you not question why Sunglow was still alive before voting, or even while voting?
The vote without questioning their still being alive seems too odd for me to ignore.
Vote: Magenta
Bob111
Bob111

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuschia Fox Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:37 pm

yo sunglow, if that's your power, why didn't you use it on what seemed like your biggest suspect at the time, Bob, who you said you wanted to see the alignment of?

also, gimme more deets on the power. is it 1-shot?
Fuschia Fox
Fuschia Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Magenta Fox Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:20 pm

Bob111 wrote:Why would you not question why Sunglow was still alive before voting, or even while voting?
The vote without questioning their still being alive seems too odd for me to ignore.
Vote: Magenta
I guess I was more fixated on his post from last cycle that looked suspicious to me. That and I need to pay better attention to the vote counts.  Embarassed 
Magenta Fox
Magenta Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:15 pm

From OP
Admin wrote:
Factions
Majority Team - Crooks: Win when all threats are eliminated
Minority Team – Undercover Cops: Win when they match or outnumber the rest of the players (the game will continue if players can still perform actions to correct this.) Cops may have the chance to bust players if they can figure out their true identities.
Third Party: Unknown

The town are crooks, you are the guys pulling off the caper.  Red. pirat 
The mafia are undercover cops who have infiltrated your gang, you need to lynch them before they can whack/bust you all.  Boys in Blue. pig 
Third Party are tweeners.  A blend of Red+Blue=Purple. confused 
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peach Fox Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:34 am

Not entirely sure if I buy Sunglow's claim if it's not 1-shot. That seems like a much too powerful role to be given to one player, essentially ensuring that player can't die and can kill anybody they want so long as they put the last vote in. They can wait literally to the last minute of the cycle if they're gonna be lynched and then pick off whoever they feel like killing. So then we could just all wagon Sunglow, tell him who to kill, and it'll happen. Extremely helpful, to be sure, but perhaps too helpful to make a properly balanced game. And that's assuming Sunglow is town. Though given that he's essentially immortal, if he was a cop or third party it would literally break the game... but either way, how about it, Sunglow? 1-shot or not?
Peach Fox
Peach Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuschia Fox Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:37 am

well it's not like he's going to say it's more than 1-shot now that you've pointed it out.

I suppose there isn't much point in waiting for him to respond given that you've kind of ruined what I was trying to test, so I'll just say that I'm also wary of his claim, but for a different reason:
I have no idea what a 'karma houdini' is, but the fact that it took a bullet for Sun is iffy. I would almost wager that the shenanigans during the lynch were a result of Shamrock and not from Sun.
consider the definition: 'A "Karma Houdini" is a villain who is rarely or never adequately punished for their evil actions by the end of a story, thus escaping justice and "pulling a Houdini" (disappearing) from the way of Karma.'
seems like a role that could cause some shenanigans involving lynches.

anyone else feeling like sun is still kind of sketch or am I just being crazy and overthinking things?
Fuschia Fox
Fuschia Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum