The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Post by Turquoise Fox on Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:10 am

Wisteria Fox wrote:
Copper Fox wrote:Reservoir Dogs has eight people as the criminal party. Six use aliases, two don't. They are Cabbot and his son. Having someone without a color code is part of the set-up of the game.
Makes sense, I suppose. It would've been kind of a douchey move from Fox to single out the third party by giving him a clearly differing name or something. But I'll have a good laugh if it turns out that was reason Fox named him that way.

Vote: Turquoise Fox
He was the last person to register on these forums before I did, but he hasn't posted anything yet, so I thought I'd give him a small incentive to say something (he seems to still be online too).

I simply left my computer on while I was away from it for several hours. Voting for me on this alone does you no favors, though it would be stupid to counter-vote against you on this alone.

As is, I think everyone is being far too hasty voting for Sunglow simply because he voted for someone with a name different from others (especially since he wasn't the first to do it). My votes on Shamrock Fox for basing his own vote off of an avatar.

Vote: Shamrock Fox

EDIT: Turning off online statuses is a good idea however.
avatar
Turquoise Fox

Posts : 5
Join date : 2014-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Post by CornflowerFox on Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:38 am

Wisteria Fox wrote:By the by, I recommend that everyone chooses to hides their online status on their Preferences tab in their profile settings. I just messed around with the forums a bit to get to know them better and noticed that the Who's Online? button can reveal your location, which can help the cops figure out who everyone is. Of course we can all agree to not use that function, but accidents can happen, so better be safe than sorry.
Who's Online button on PHPBB based forums always does this. Go Look at D2, TPS, or ScrewAttack. There is a reason it's been against the rules to check Who's Online since round 2 or 3  Laughing 
avatar
CornflowerFox

Posts : 15
Join date : 2014-04-03
Age : 32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Post by Bob111 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:54 pm

Sunglow Fox wrote:I just voted for Bob because he's different. We're all foxes, but Bob isn't. Why? What significance does that hold? (Aside from the obvious Third Party connection. But then why make it so obvious who it is by giving him a different codename?) What powers could he have?

I felt that bandwagoning him early could force a reveal, and since it's day one, we got nothing else to really go on.

Confirmed for Third Party and PR Hunting. Obvious scum.
Why would you want me to be outed if I have a power role? Especially on D1?

Also, thanks for the tip Wisteria!

avatar
Bob111

Posts : 22
Join date : 2014-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Post by Wisteria Fox on Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:55 pm

CornflowerFox wrote:Who's Online button on PHPBB based forums always does this. Go Look at D2, TPS, or ScrewAttack. There is a reason it's been against the rules to check Who's Online since round 2 or 3  Laughing 
 confused 
On ScrewAttack at least, it only shows what people are doing on the board, but this place shows your physical location on a map, probably based on your IP.
avatar
Wisteria Fox

Posts : 8
Join date : 2014-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Post by Fuschia Fox on Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:26 pm

Turquoise Fox wrote:My votes on Shamrock Fox for basing his own vote off of an avatar.
so you think this makes him more likely to be scum? man you people sure do like to stretch for reasons for people being mafia Laughing

Peach Fox wrote:I highly doubt (regular) Fox would be so blatantly obvious as to make the one single non-Fox a third party. Cop, maybe, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
don't forget that he probably didn't 'choose' who got what role so its still possible that bob could be third party
avatar
Fuschia Fox

Posts : 39
Join date : 2014-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Post by Lavender Fox on Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:00 pm

I'm honestly suspicious of how quickly the Sunglow wagon picked up. Yeah, Sunglow may not have had the best vote, but the speed at which others voted for him in response is even more troubling. Granted, two of the three votes seem to be joke votes, which would leave the third one to be the only serious one, so maybe my concern is unwarranted.

As for me, Vote: Periwinkle for that lame placeholder post. I know there was only one page worth of stuff to work with at the time, but you don't have any thoughts? What about now, since there's been some discussion?
avatar
Lavender Fox

Posts : 5
Join date : 2014-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Post by Periwinkle Fox on Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:10 pm

No vote yet. I want to watch what happens.
avatar
Periwinkle Fox

Posts : 22
Join date : 2014-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Post by Bob111 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:12 pm

Periwinkle Fox wrote:No vote yet. I want to watch what happens.
How boring!
avatar
Bob111

Posts : 22
Join date : 2014-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Post by Magenta Fox on Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:11 pm

Vote: Periwinkle Fox
You're boring! Stop being boring!
avatar
Magenta Fox

Posts : 19
Join date : 2014-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Post by Mahogany Fox on Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:26 pm

CornflowerFox wrote:
Mahogany Fox wrote:@cornflower, the question you posed to Bob, [1] how would you know if he is telling the truth anyway? [2] Does the answer really make a difference to you?
1. You don't but then again how do you ever know in Mafia? Especially D1. Better then being in RVS til the 11th hour.

2. See #1. Might be useful later, but who knows. At this point I'm waiting to see what Sunglow's reaction will be, speaking of which...

I agree you don't ever usually know for sure, but typically questions you ask may be able to be tested or deduced logically. Not sure if that particular question will ever hold much weight in terms of usefulness later because the answer could be so easily contrived. I am curious though, what if he said 'yes'... What would you make of that? Would you find it scummy?

Cornflowerfox wrote: I am. We've got well over 24 hours of phase left, still plenty of time. Better then sitting on our hands. Also the fact that they're the literal second post & second vote in the opening throws of the game, and they've since checked out. Again, just as interested as seeing their reasoning/reaction as I was yours, Bob.
For the bolded parts, so it was more reaction testing you were doing then. Now if you are testing for reactions, why would you say "I am waiting to see what Sunglow's reaction will be"? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of testing for a reaction?

Periwinkle Fox wrote: No vote yet. I want to watch what happens.
At least you admit you are sidelining.

I will keep my vote where it is until Dandelion speaks up.
avatar
Mahogany Fox

Posts : 3
Join date : 2014-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Post by Fuschia Fox on Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:28 pm

fuggit, your serious attitudes are rubbing off on me Sad
Turquoise Fox wrote:I simply left my computer on while I was away from it for several hours. Voting for me on this alone does you no favors, though it would be stupid to counter-vote against you on this alone.
this is bugging me cuz I don't understand why you're being defensive over a prodvote and the fact that you're being all wordy about why you're not countervoting seems strangely anxious.

Vote: Turquoise Fox

but don't think I've forgotten about you Magenta Fox.. you pretender to the throne of slightly pinkish colours!
one day I'll have my vengeance against you..
avatar
Fuschia Fox

Posts : 39
Join date : 2014-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Post by Periwinkle Fox on Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 pm

Voting for me to elicit a reaction is not really going to get you anywhere day 1. I'd rather be permitted to just watch and react accordingly when I see something worth jumping on.
avatar
Periwinkle Fox

Posts : 22
Join date : 2014-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Post by Copper Fox on Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:10 pm

Vote: Periwinkle Fox

Periwinkle Fox wrote:Voting for me to elicit a reaction is not really going to get you anywhere day 1. I'd rather be permitted to just watch and react accordingly when I see something worth jumping on.

Asking for permission to coast to day 2 still means you want to coast to day 2. How about no?
avatar
Copper Fox

Posts : 11
Join date : 2014-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Post by Admin on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:01 pm

I'd also recommend using the invisible option and remind everyone that using the who is online button is against the rules.

Vote Count 1.1
Sunglow (3) - Shamrock, Bob, Cornflower
Periwinkle (3) - Magenta, Lavender, Copper
Turquoise (2) - Wisteria, Fushsia
Bob (2) - Aquamarine, Sunglow
Shamrock (1) - Turquoise
Dandelion (1) - Mahogany

Not voting - Sepia, Peach, Dandelion, Periwinkle

votes due in about 20 hours
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 32
Join date : 2014-03-27

View user profile http://reservoirfoxes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Post by Peach Fox on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:46 pm

Vote: Turquoise Fox

I'm not much for large wagons building too quickly on Day 1. Cornflower and Periwinkle's wagons built up rather quickly. I don't really like how Periwinkle is playing, but a strange vote out of the blue for Shamrock Fox, that doesn't come off to me as a joke vote or a prod-vote, just seems too off. It looks like a desperate attempt to build a wagon.
avatar
Peach Fox

Posts : 10
Join date : 2014-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Post by Bob111 on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:01 am

Peach Fox wrote:Vote:  Turquoise Fox

I'm not much for large wagons building too quickly on Day 1.  Cornflower and Periwinkle's wagons built up rather quickly.  I don't really like how Periwinkle is playing, but a strange vote out of the blue for Shamrock Fox, that doesn't come off to me as a joke vote or a prod-vote, just seems too off.  It looks like a desperate attempt to build a wagon.
You just tied Turquoise for the leading wagon, and I don't see how the vote could be intended on building a wagon. It had little in the way or argument and, if anything, seems like a convenient prod-dodge to me (especially if he fails to return today). What about the vote seems off?

Also, wouldn't it have been easier for Turquoise to join one of the established wagons rather than starting one from scratch?

Oh, and I think you meant "Sunglow and Periwinkle's wagons" as I don't see a vote on Cornflower in the vote count.
avatar
Bob111

Posts : 22
Join date : 2014-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Post by Sunglow Fox on Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:30 am

Peach Fox wrote:Vote:  Turquoise Fox

I'm not much for large wagons building too quickly on Day 1.  Cornflower and Periwinkle's wagons built up rather quickly.  I don't really like how Periwinkle is playing, but a strange vote out of the blue for Shamrock Fox, that doesn't come off to me as a joke vote or a prod-vote, just seems too off.  It looks like a desperate attempt to build a wagon.
He stated pretty plainly what his reasons were for voting:

Turquoise Fox wrote:As is, I think everyone is being far too hasty voting for Sunglow simply because he voted for someone with a name different from others (especially since he wasn't the first to do it). My votes on Shamrock Fox for basing his own vote off of an avatar.

Seriously. I was like the third or fourth person to register, and the second to post. I chose my avatar to go with a Reservoir Dogs theme (black suit with black skinny tie), and picked Brock because he's my favorite character from the show, had an episode where he wore that kind of outfit, and blonde hair seemed to match up with sunglow.

It's not my fault everyone else decided to latch onto the fox theme for avatars. But then again, if I went with the Mysterious Fox from Persona 4 as my avatar, I'd probably still get people on my nuts because the red/pink bib he wears doesn't match up with my color. tongue 

Anyway, I'll go ahead and Unvote: Bob as a gesture of goodwill, and hope you're supposed to be our Nice Guy Eddie instead of someone like Officer Nash.
avatar
Sunglow Fox

Posts : 7
Join date : 2014-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Post by Wisteria Fox on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:23 am

Okay, I've reread the thread since not much has been happening, and right now there are three people I find slightly iffy.

First off, there's Sunglow, and the reason for that isn't that he voted for Bob because of his name. I thought about doing that myself as a random vote when I first saw the player list. The reason is that when he explained his vote, he talked about it as if the name signified something, which is kind of silly. To me that kind of seems like it might be a scum panicking and grasping for excuses to justify his vote.

Then there's Turquoise. My vote on him wasn't very serious; I just wanted him to post something. However, I agree with Fuschia that the counter-voting part in his reply seemed a bit strange.

The last one is Magenta. His first post is an understandable random vote, but his second post, in which he votes for Periwinkle, just comes off as lazy bandwagoning. Those are the only two posts he's made, so he hasn't really contributed anything worthwhile to the thread - not even sharing his thoughts on anything that has been discussed.

I'll Unvote and Vote: Sunglow to break off the tie and because he find him the most suspicious of the three.


Also worth noting is that Dandelion and Sepia have yet to report that they're in the game (time for a prod?).
avatar
Wisteria Fox

Posts : 8
Join date : 2014-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Post by Turquoise Fox on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:16 pm

Fuschia Fox wrote: so you think this makes him more likely to be scum? man you people sure do like to stretch for reasons for people being mafia Laughing

This early in the game just about any vote is a stretch.

Peach Fox wrote:Vote:  Turquoise Fox

I'm not much for large wagons building too quickly on Day 1.  Cornflower and Periwinkle's wagons built up rather quickly.  I don't really like how Periwinkle is playing, but a strange vote out of the blue for Shamrock Fox, that doesn't come off to me as a joke vote or a prod-vote, just seems too off.  It looks like a desperate attempt to build a wagon.

As Bob has pointed out, this makes no sense. It would have been far easier for me to have just bandwagoned by voting for someone who already has lots of votes. I had no intention of building a wagon with my vote, it was just the vote I thought made the most sense at the time given how little information there is.

Wisteria Fox wrote:
Then there's Turquoise. My vote on him wasn't very serious; I just wanted him to post something. However, I agree with Fuschia that the counter-voting part in his reply seemed a bit strange.

I just didn't want to give the impression there was any ill-will for a simple prod-vote while also explaining why it wasn't necessary.

Fuschia Fox wrote:fuggit, your serious attitudes are rubbing off on me Sad
Turquoise Fox wrote:I simply left my computer on while I was away from it for several hours. Voting for me on this alone does you no favors, though it would be stupid to counter-vote against you on this alone.
this is bugging me cuz I don't understand why you're being defensive over a prodvote and the fact that you're being all wordy about why you're not countervoting seems strangely anxious.

Vote: Turquoise Fox

I duly apologize for the extensively exquisite rhetoric and vocabulary used in explaining why a counter-vote against a man's simple prod-vote would be extraordinarily foolhardy, but is possessing such fabulous prowess in the field of word structure, and seeking diplomacy truly a crime? (yes, I used Dictionary.com when making this sentence).

My vote stands.
avatar
Turquoise Fox

Posts : 5
Join date : 2014-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Post by Fuschia Fox on Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:03 pm

Turquoise Fox wrote:I just didn't want to give the impression there was any ill-will for a simple prod-vote while also explaining why it wasn't necessary.
if you knew it was a prodvote, why would you even suggest the idea of countervoting?

and the wordiness I mentioned isn't how complex the language you're using is its saying that it seems like you're worrying way too much as to how people are going tor react to what you're saying and that feels like a scum mindset to me
avatar
Fuschia Fox

Posts : 39
Join date : 2014-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Post by Periwinkle Fox on Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:20 pm

When is deadline?
avatar
Periwinkle Fox

Posts : 22
Join date : 2014-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Post by Bob111 on Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:58 pm

4pm central according to the first post.
avatar
Bob111

Posts : 22
Join date : 2014-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Post by Bob111 on Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:01 pm

Meaning I'm gonna be away until Day 2.. make a good choice guys! Hope we nab us some scum!
avatar
Bob111

Posts : 22
Join date : 2014-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Post by Periwinkle Fox on Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:10 pm

Vote Sunglow

This is based on attacking Bob. While I personally entertained the notion on my own, I didn't do anything about it because it was more a joke. This apparently was a good enough reason and wanting to kill a power role day one is pretty whack.
avatar
Periwinkle Fox

Posts : 22
Join date : 2014-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Post by Sunglow Fox on Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:21 pm

Wisteria Fox wrote:First off, there's Sunglow, and the reason for that isn't that he voted for Bob because of his name. I thought about doing that myself as a random vote when I first saw the player list. The reason is that when he explained his vote, he talked about it as if the name signified something, which is kind of silly. To me that kind of seems like it might be a scum panicking and grasping for excuses to justify his vote.
So are you dense, or just retarded? Of course Bob's name signifies something. We know that there are three parties. And we don't know if Bob is with us, the cops, or if he has his own win-con. I don't like it.

And why are you guys jumping all over my nuts over it, when Aquamarine was the first one to vote, and hasn't been seen since? Is it just easier to bandwagon off a "hurr durr, u haev a goodguy in your avatar that means ur a cop lol" vote?

avatar
Sunglow Fox

Posts : 7
Join date : 2014-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Game Thread (Endgame Page 19)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum